Re: LAN connection to server only after restart server

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Pietro <bpietro(at)simail(dot)it>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: LAN connection to server only after restart server
Date: 2008-03-13 15:31:36
Lists: pgsql-admin

Pietro <bpietro(at)simail(dot)it> writes:
> It isn't so serious problem for me, only boring one, because each morning
> I must start server box and then manually restart posgresql server.

There must be something different between what you do manually and what
the init script does ... better take a closer look at that script.

> All boxes runs Mandriva 2008.0

If you were running Red Hat I'd also stop to take a look at the SELinux
configuration, because with RH's default policy there are restrictions
that are enforced against init-started daemons but not against
manually-started programs. Does Mandriva have/use SELinux?