Re: You could be a PostgreSQL Patch Reviewer!

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, PostgreSQL general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: You could be a PostgreSQL Patch Reviewer!
Date: 2011-06-16 04:46:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au> writes:
> Any chance of flagging patches on the commitfest when they're platform
> specific? I'm hurting for time but will check out Windows-specific stuff
> if it's an area the project particularly needs help with.

Well, a quick look through
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view/inprogress
suggests that these could use attention:

Latch implementation: wake on postmaster death, reduce archiver wakeups
Has a Windows-specific implementation, which needs testing

POSIX shared memory
Does this work on Windows?

Allow multiple Postgres clusters running on the same machine to distinguish themselves in the event log
Windows-only feature, I assume

Add Support for building with Visual Studio 2010
Needs testing not only with VS2010, but older versions

libpq SSL with non-blocking sockets (WIP)
Might need testing on Windows, not sure