Re: Re[2]: BUG #17561: Server crashes on executing row() with very long argument list

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Richard Guo <guofenglinux(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Re[2]: BUG #17561: Server crashes on executing row() with very long argument list
Date: 2022-08-01 14:55:38
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Richard Guo <guofenglinux(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> Just noticed that CheckAttributeNamesTypes will check on column count
> against MaxHeapAttributeNumber. Maybe we should use this as the limit?

Yeah, otherwise you'll get a very confusing message about too many
columns in a *table*.

Also, there are two levels we have to check at, per-function and
then the merged tupdesc for the whole RTE.

I should have thought of function RTEs when asserting that there
were no other holes to plug :-(. Will fix, thanks for the report!