Re: setting up streaming error. Please help

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: akp geek <akpgeek(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: setting up streaming error. Please help
Date: 2011-06-11 16:25:07
Lists: pgsql-general

akp geek <akpgeek(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> After making the required changes to the Primary and slave , I have
> restarted the slave and I keep seeing the following in the logs.

> *FATAL: could not connect to the primary server: invalid connection option
> "replication"*

That message has to be caused by libpq, because the string 'invalid
connection option' occurs nowhere else in PG. I am guessing that you
have an 8.4 or older libpq.so that walreceiver.so is somehow linking to.
I don't know what Solaris' equivalent of LD_LIBRARY_PATH is, but I'd be
looking into that angle if I were you.