--with-ldap prerequisites

From: Simon <junk_mail_sw(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: --with-ldap prerequisites
Date: 2007-07-01 12:54:17
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I am trying to compile 8.2.4 on solaris 10.

I would like to use ldap authentication so I specified --with-ldap however I get the following error.

Undefined first referenced
symbol in file
ldap_start_tls_s libpq/SUBSYS.o

I assume this is because I haven't installed the openldap libraries?

Is there any way to use ldap authentication without installing open ldap?

Could I use the SUNWlldap package?

I want to eventually authenticate against an active directory domain.

Thanks,
Simon

http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/