Re: Boolean casting in 7.3 -> changed?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Ian Barwick <barwick(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Boolean casting in 7.3 -> changed?
Date: 2002-11-27 15:23:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Ian Barwick <barwick(at)gmx(dot)net> writes:
> Thanks for the explanation. I'm not screaming for a reversion ;-), but
> changing behaviour which was implicitly valid in previous
> versions is bound to cause a few people a little head scratching
> when converting applications to 7.3 (I'm sure I can't be the only one).

It's possible we will be able to go back to the old behavior in 7.4;
I haven't reviewed Rod's latest round of DOMAIN patches, but it looked
like it was trying to set up a less ad-hoc way of handling domain
constraints. But I'm not sure if behavioral flip-flopping is a good
thing. Might be better to leave it as-is.