Re: WIP: splitting BLCKSZ

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Mark Wong <markw(at)osdl(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: WIP: splitting BLCKSZ
Date: 2006-04-03 22:08:24
Lists: pgsql-patches

Mark Wong <markw(at)osdl(dot)org> writes:
> Here's an updated patch with help from Simon. Once I get a test system
> going again in the lab I'll start posting some data. I'm planning a
> combination of block sizes (BLCKSZ and XLOG_BLCKSZ) and number of WAL
> buffers.

If there's no objection, I'll go ahead and apply the parts of this that
create a separate XLOG_BLCKSZ symbol, but not (yet) the parts that
actually change any parameter values. I can't see any very good reason
why data block size and xlog block size were ever tied together, and I
think it'll make the code read better if they're separated.