Re: BUG #5439: Table crash after CLUSTER command

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Stefan Kirchev" <stefan(dot)kirchev(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5439: Table crash after CLUSTER command
Date: 2010-04-26 14:15:56
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"Stefan Kirchev" <stefan(dot)kirchev(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> Bug reference: 5439
> Logged by: Stefan Kirchev
> Email address: stefan(dot)kirchev(at)gmail(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.3.3
> Operating system: Linux
> Details:

> Hello,
> I order to keep good performance on tables CLUSTER is done regularly on each
> table every Sunday. Almost every time we loose a table which must be
> recreated afterward. The error yield is:
> pnp=# select * from alcatel_bss_kpi_tmp.cs_hourly_kpi limit 1;
> ERROR: could not open relation 1663/16404/2426042: No such file or
> directory

Can you generate a self-contained test case for this? Given the lack of
other reports, it seems like there must be something rather odd about
either your table definition or your clustering procedure.

Also, it would be good to update to a less obsolete 8.3.x release.
I don't recognize this offhand as a previously-fixed bug, but 8.3.3
was almost two years ago.