Re: trigger/for key help

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bret Hughes <bhughes(at)elevating(dot)com>
Cc: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>, postgresql sql list <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: trigger/for key help
Date: 2004-04-11 22:00:13
Lists: pgsql-sql

Bret Hughes <bhughes(at)elevating(dot)com> writes:
> elevating=# drop table test_types;
> ERROR: could not find tuple for constraint 2041971

> I can find no reference to these oids anywhere.

You haven't looked very hard then ;-). I expect this is because
pg_depend has links from the table to the constraints it owns.
You could probably remove the pg_depend entries to make it possible
to drop the table.

Use ALTER TABLE next time, eh? Hand manipulation of the system catalogs
is *not* for those who don't know exactly what they are doing.