BUG #17146: pg_dump statements are going into pg_stat_statements in 13.4

From: PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: james(dot)inform(at)pharmapp(dot)de
Subject: BUG #17146: pg_dump statements are going into pg_stat_statements in 13.4
Date: 2021-08-15 17:30:52
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 17146
Logged by: James Inform
Email address: james(dot)inform(at)pharmapp(dot)de
PostgreSQL version: 13.4
Operating system: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS AND macOS Catalina 10.15.7

Hi

I have just updated to 13.4 and I have noticed that "COPY" statements that
are produced by pg_dump appear in pg_stat_statements view.

You can imagine that the copy statements are slower than all my other
statements, so they come up as the first and most expensive statements in
pg_stat_statements.

This is a new behaviour in 13.4 and hasn't existed in 13.3 and prior.

Is there a setting to prevent this?

Cheers,
James