Re: Define jsonpath functions as stable

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>, Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Define jsonpath functions as stable
Date: 2019-09-17 22:40:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
> v2 attached. Thanks!

I whacked this around some (well, quite a bit actually); notably,
I thought we'd better describe things that are in our engine but
not XQuery, as well as vice-versa.

After a re-read of the XQuery spec, it seems to me that the character
entry form that they have and we don't is actually "&#NNNN;" like
HTML, rather than just "#NN". Can anyone double-check that? Does
it work outside bracket expressions, or only inside?

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
jsonpath-regex-doc-v3.patch text/x-diff 8.6 KB