Re: PL/Perl

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Nelio Alves Pereira Filho <nelio(at)ifx(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PL/Perl
Date: 2000-11-24 20:00:20
Lists: pgsql-general

Nelio Alves Pereira Filho <nelio(at)ifx(dot)com(dot)br> writes:
> I just compiled my postgresql port (postgresql-7.0.2, FreeBSD 4.2) with
> -DWITH_PERL, but I can't use plperl. Has anyone succeded to install this
> way? The strange thing is that I can't find plperl.so anywhere!

Did you pay attention to the make output? Most likely it didn't build
plperl because it couldn't find a shared library for libperl.

libperl.so isn't built by default in any perl release that I know of;
you have to do a manual configure/build of the Perl sources and
explicitly ask for a shared library to be built during Perl's
interactive configure script. It's a real pain in the neck :-(