Re: BUG #2898: dynamic load support

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Pankaj" <pankajsrivs(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #2898: dynamic load support
Date: 2007-01-16 08:39:09
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"Pankaj" <pankajsrivs(at)yahoo(dot)com> writes:
> creating conversions....FATAL: dynamic load not supported
> STATEMENT: CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION...............

> Please let us know the cause of the above error.

The encoding conversion code is all in dynamically-loaded libraries.
(There are some other things that we expect to be able to load
dynamically too, such as the various PL languages, but this happens
to be what you'll hit first during initdb.)

I think you probably need to add some code to src/backend/port/dynloader/
to support LynxOS. Please send a patch if you get it working.