BUG #17044: installation of postgresql from the pgdg repository conflicts with Fedora's python gdal

From: PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: clifford(at)snowandsnow(dot)us
Subject: BUG #17044: installation of postgresql from the pgdg repository conflicts with Fedora's python gdal
Date: 2021-06-02 18:50:24
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 17044
Logged by: Clifford Snow
Email address: clifford(at)snowandsnow(dot)us
PostgreSQL version: 13.3
Operating system: Fedora F33 and F34

Postgresql 13.3 was install from the repo for fedora along with postgis.
When attempting to run a python script that imports any gdal components like
gdal or ogr, the script will segment fault.

To test out what was happening, I removed all pgdg components from a Fedora
34 build and install postgresql from the Fedora repository. Python works as
expected.

I do still have Postgresql 13.3 installed on a Fedora 33 computer. I'm happy
to provide additional detail from the F33 machine.

Thanks,
Clifford