Re: New horology failure

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, "PostgreSQL-development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New horology failure
Date: 2004-05-25 02:43:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I said:
> The reason this only affects timezone is that there isn't anything
> else in /share that the backend needs to access. However I'm not quite
> sure why get_pkglib_path seems not to be having the same confusion...

Actually, get_pkglib_path is wrong too. But the regression tests do not
exercise it. There are two places that probably *should* exercise it:
the creation of the character set conversion functions during initdb and
the creation of the plpgsql call handler function. In normal situations
I'd expect both of these to be relative to $libdir (hence pkglib_path).
But the regression test script carefully overrides that. Maybe we
should consider taking out the override --- it wouldn't be needed
anymore if the relative-path stuff were doing its thing correctly.