Re: who can create schema?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Richard Hayward <richard(at)tortoise(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: who can create schema?
Date: 2005-05-31 18:41:59
Lists: pgsql-admin

Richard Hayward <richard(at)tortoise(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk> writes:
> I'm trying to investigate why users can create new schema within a
> database, without being explicitly being granted create permission on
> that database.

By default, they can't. Perhaps you granted create permission on the
database to PUBLIC? Also, are you sure the users in question are
not superusers?

> I cant find a command that lists what privileges users have been
> granted within a database. Can they create new schema or not?

There doesn't seem to be a psql backslash command that shows permissions
on databases; you'd need to look directly at pg_database, eg

select datname, datacl from pg_database;