Re: Index corruption with CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Pavan Deolasee <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Index corruption with CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY
Date: 2017-02-04 18:24:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I intend to commit this soon to all branches, to ensure it gets into the
> next set of minors.

Based on Pavan's comments, I think trying to force this into next week's
releases would be extremely unwise. If the bug went undetected this long,
it can wait for a fix for another three months. That seems better than
risking new breakage when it's barely 48 hours to the release wrap
deadline. We do not have time to recover from any mistakes.