Re: Problem with pg_dumpall

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Ryan Bradetich <ryan_bradetich(at)hp(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem with pg_dumpall
Date: 2000-06-27 22:02:01
Lists: pgsql-sql

Ryan Bradetich <ryan_bradetich(at)hp(dot)com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:

Now that I look at it, it appears that COPY WITH OIDS leaks the memory
used for the string representation of the OIDs. That'd probably cost
you 32 bytes or so of backend memory per row --- which you'd get back
at the end of the COPY, but small comfort if you ran out before that.

Is the table large enough to make that a plausible explanation?