Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Thomas Hallgren <thomas(at)tada(dot)se>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze
Date: 2006-07-11 13:30:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thomas Hallgren <thomas(at)tada(dot)se> writes:
> I'd like to submit PL/Java into core for 8.2 if possible. Personally, I see the following
> action items to make it happen:

What about licensing issues? Does PL/Java work with any entirely-open-source
JVMs? If not, what is the legal situation for distributing PG+PL/Java?

I'm also a bit concerned about size. By my count, lines of source code:

plpgsql 19890
plperl 4902
plpython 4163
pltcl 4498
pljava 1.3.0 38711

IOW pljava is (already) bigger than the other four PLs put together.

I'm inclined to think that pljava is best off staying as a separate
project.