Re: master make check fails on Solaris 10

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Marina Polyakova <m(dot)polyakova(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: vitus(at)wagner(dot)pp(dot)ru, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Subject: Re: master make check fails on Solaris 10
Date: 2018-01-18 14:56:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Marina Polyakova <m(dot)polyakova(at)postgrespro(dot)ru> writes:
> Applying your patch on commit f033462d8f77c40b7d6b33c5116e50118fb4699d
> and using the configuration command from [1], I got:
> checking for __int128... yes
> checking for __int128 alignment bug... broken
> And make check-world passes. Victor said that he used a much simpler
> configuration command, and I'm trying to figure out what's changed..

Weird. Maybe the gcc bug only manifests with certain optimization
flags? That's not what I'd have expected from Victor's theory about
why the code is wrong, but if it only shows up some of the time,
it's hard to think of another explanation.

> P.S. I found the trailing whitespace in line 80:
> ! int128a q;

Ah, thanks. Probably git would've whined about that when I went
to commit, but it's good to catch sooner.