Re: Policy decisions and cosmetic issues remaining for the git conversion

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Policy decisions and cosmetic issues remaining for the git conversion
Date: 2010-09-13 18:41:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Yeah, let's not touch the CVS side, but definitely +1 for dropping
> them from git (in fact, my script does this automatically if I just
> let it run through all the steps, which I've repeatedly not done which
> is why they've sometimes shown up and sometimes not in the ones I've
> pushed)

Could we see your full script and options file? I'm busy running test
conversions myself, and would like to be sure that I'm on the same page
as you are.

BTW, the conversion I'm getting at the moment (using the fixup script
I posted last night) does not have the weird "unlabeled" branches that
were complained of earlier. I think that nuking the WIN32_DEV derived
files probably was what stopped that.