Re: pgsql: Teach autovacuum about multixact member wraparound.

From: Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)ymail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgsql: Teach autovacuum about multixact member wraparound.
Date: 2015-05-08 17:23:16
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Robert Haas <rhaas(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:

> This patch leaves unsolved the problem of ensuring that emergency
> autovacuums are triggered even when autovacuum=off. We'll need
> to fix that via a separate patch.

I think we also need something like your previously-posted

multixact-truncate-race.patch as a follow-on. I'm not at all
convinced that there is no possibility of truncating new data as
things stand; and even if that is true now, it seems terribly
fragile. (Only mentioning it because it wasn't noted in the commit
message.)

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com