Re: pub/sub - specifying optional parameters without values.

From: Zheng Li <zhengli10(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: pub/sub - specifying optional parameters without values.
Date: 2023-01-09 17:37:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

This documentation change looks good to me. I verified in testing and in code that the value for boolean parameters in PUB/SUB commands can be omitted. which is equivalent to specifying TRUE. For example,

CREATE PUBLICATIOIN mypub for ALL TABLES with (publish_via_partition_root);
is equivalent to
CREATE PUBLICATIOIN mypub for ALL TABLES with (publish_via_partition_root = TRUE);

The behavior is due to the following code
https://github.com/postgres/postgres/blob/master/src/backend/commands/define.c#L113

Marking this as ready for committer.

The new status of this patch is: Ready for Committer