Re: [HACKERS] ERROR: Unable to locate type oid 718 in catalog

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "G(dot) Anthony Reina" <reina(at)nsi(dot)edu>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] ERROR: Unable to locate type oid 718 in catalog
Date: 1999-08-31 21:46:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"G. Anthony Reina" <reina(at)nsi(dot)edu> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> In any case, it'd be wise to flush everything in pg_operator and pg_proc
>> that has circle as an argument or result type. (Does DROP TYPE do that
>> for you? I bet not...) There might be other system tables that have
>> references to circle, too.

> I'm not sure what you mean by flush pg_operator and pg_proc. What would the
> command be?

I meant drop all the operators and functions that use circle data.

You could run the oidjoins regression test script to find out which ones
those are ... it should complain about all system table entries that
refer to OID 718. (If you are mistaken that you have no tables using
circles, you'd find that out, too.)