Commitment control on updateable ResultSet

From: Flavio Palumbo <flavio(dot)palumbo(at)fastwebnet(dot)it>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Commitment control on updateable ResultSet
Date: 2009-01-02 11:47:44
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi all,

I try to control the commitment on an updatable ResultSet but I get a strange ex
ception :
"ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transactio
n block"

I do this :
- Connection.setAutoCommit(false);
- Connection.setSavepoint(point);
- Connection.createStatement(java.sql.ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE, java.sq
l.ResultSet.CONCUR_UPDATABLE);
- Statetement.executeQuery("SELECT T1.* FROM public.teststrike T1 for update")

at this point a I get the above exception.

Can somebody help me to figure out why this happens ?

Thanks
Flavio