Re: CVS commit broken

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Karel Zak <zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CVS commit broken
Date: 2000-05-23 14:32:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Karel Zak <zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz> writes:
> ~$ rm -f .cvspass
> ~$ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs(at)postgresql(dot)org:/home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot/ login
> (Logging in to anoncvs(at)postgresql(dot)org)
> CVS password:
> cvs [login aborted]: authorization failed: server postgresql.org rejected access
> ~$

> * password "postgresql" or "postgres"

The docs say the anoncvs password is "postgresql" (BTW guys, let's
not forget to update the documentation page that says the cvsroot is
/usr/local/cvsroot ...). I wonder if leaving off the trailing slash on
the -d path would help?

Another possibility is that postgresql.org is not pointing at the right
server. I see that I have hub.org in my .cvspass (but that's for
non-anonymous login which might be set up differently). Marc?