Re: Add subdirectory support for DATA/DOCS with PGXS

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Mark Cave-Ayland <mark(dot)cave-ayland(at)siriusit(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Add subdirectory support for DATA/DOCS with PGXS
Date: 2009-12-30 15:18:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Mark Cave-Ayland <mark(dot)cave-ayland(at)siriusit(dot)co(dot)uk> writes:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> As a proof of its usefulness, you could remove DATA_TSEARCH and replace
>> it with usage of MODULEDIR, right?

> Not in its current form because PGXS always places files underneath a
> contrib/ subdirectory within datadir. However, if people are happier
> with this approach then it shouldn't be too hard to alter things so that
> my PGXS Makefile would look like this:
> MODULE_big=postgis-1.5
> MODULEDIR=contrib/$(MODULE_big)

If you can set it up in such a way that the default behavior doesn't
change, this would be workable. I don't think we want people to
suddenly find their stuff installing in the wrong place.

It probably wouldn't be that hard, something along the lines of
ifndef MODULEDIR
MODULEDIR=contrib
endif
ought to do it no?