Re: Upgrade 7.0.2 -> 7.1.2: Errors during Restore

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jim Caley <caley(at)chesco(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Upgrade 7.0.2 -> 7.1.2: Errors during Restore
Date: 2001-08-08 15:47:23
Lists: pgsql-general

Jim Caley <caley(at)chesco(dot)com> writes:
> The results of the restore seem to be fine, but there were a number of errors
> during it and I want to make sure they're harmless.

Most of those look like you had a "regression" database hanging around
in your old installation; it's complaining because the CREATE FUNCTION
commands refer to shared libraries that you evidently don't have around
any more.

> psql:./pgdump.all-just.before.going.to.pgsql-7.1.2:118341: ERROR: Rule WHERE co
> ndition may not contain references to other relations

This one *might* be a real problem; you'll need to look at line 118341 of
your dump file and see if the failed rule is one of yours or not. Since
the line number is so close to the others, I suspect it's also an
artifact of trying to reload the 7.0 regression database.