Citus Con: An Event for Postgres—the CFP is open

From: Microsoft Azure via PostgreSQL Announce <announce-noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL Announce <pgsql-announce(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Citus Con: An Event for Postgres—the CFP is open
Date: 2021-12-15 11:01:09
Lists: pgsql-announce

## Call for Proposals

*Citus Con: An Event for Postgres* is free, virtual, and global developer event happening Apr 12-13, 2022. You might even call it a distributed event. No travel is involved. And yes, there is a code of conduct. To make things easy for speakers, we’ll take care of the video recording and production, both for the livestream and on-demand talks. Talks are 25 minutes long and in English. The CFP is now open: come join us to share what you can do with the world's most advance open source database&mdash;from the nerdy to the sublime.

## Live Sessions & On-Demand Videos
There will be 3-hour livestreams in 3 different geographies (Americas, APAC, EMEA). We're looking for talks from Citus open source users, Azure database customers, Postgres and Citus experts from Microsoft, and Postgres community members.

On-demand talks will be pre-recorded in March and published on the Microsoft Developer YouTube channel on April 12th.

## Important Dates
* __Dec 07, 2021__: CFP opens
* __Feb 06, 2022__: CFP closes
* __Feb 15, 2022__: Speakers notified
* __Mar 01, 2022__: Schedule &amp; sessions announced
* __Mar 2022__: Video recordings for on-demand talks
* __Apr 12-13, 2022__: Event happens!

## Key things to know
Even more information on the [Citus Con CFP page](https://www.citusdata.com/cituscon/2022/cfp/)

* __Format__: 3-hour livestreams in different geos: Americas, EMEA, and APAC + on-demand sessions
* __CFP closes__: February 6, 2022
* __Length__: 25 mins / talk
* __Virtual & free__: no travel (or funding) required
* __Video recording & production__: All you need is a good mic & a decent webcam. We’ll take care of the rest.
* __Speaker resources__: in our [Speaker FAQ](https://www.citusdata.com/cituscon/2022/faq/#speaker-faq)
* __Submit your proposal__: [on Sessionize](https://sessionize.com/cituscon2022/)

## Topics
We’re looking for talks about using Postgres on Azure, and Citus on Azure&mdash;as well as talks about using Postgres and/or Citus open source&mdash;plus talks that will introduce attendees to some of the latest innovations they might not yet know about. Here are some examples, not an exhaustive list:

+ How you run your app on Postgres on Azure
+ Citus open source user stories
+ Scaling out Postgres with Hyperscale (Citus)
+ How you use other Postgres extensions, like PostGIS, pg\_cron, HLL, t-digest, pg\_auto\_failover, postgres\_fdw, &amp; so many more
+ New innovations in Postgres
+ Postgres community
+ Generally interesting Postgres knowledge
+ Data modeling and SQL best practices
+ Tips for building your application on Azure Database for PostgreSQL
+ Techniques for using Postgres at any scale with Citus&mdash;from single-node to a distributed cluster
+ Migrating to Postgres on Azure
+ Monitoring tools for Postgres on Azure
+ Postgres performance (including analytics and time series workloads)

## Other useful links
* [Code of conduct](https://www.citusdata.com/cituscon/2022/coc/)
* [Talk selection team](https://www.citusdata.com/cituscon/2022/cfp/#talk-selection-team)