Re: any body using Solaris8 with postgresql 7.3.3

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Weiping He <laser(at)zhengmai(dot)com(dot)cn>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: any body using Solaris8 with postgresql 7.3.3
Date: 2003-07-04 15:11:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Weiping He <laser(at)zhengmai(dot)com(dot)cn> writes:
> Later I use:
> pg_ctl start >pgrun.log 2>&1
> to start the program, and it runs ok. but, then the pmdie 2...

Hm. My first thought was that you needed a </dev/null in there too,
but it looks like pg_ctl does that for you. The other likely
possibility is that you need a "nohup" in front of all of this.

We should check the theory though. After you start the postmaster
using the above command, if you type control-C (or whatever your
favorite interrupt character is) on the same terminal, does the
postmaster shut down?