Re: runtime error on SPGIST, needed help

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Simone Campora" <simone(dot)campora(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: runtime error on SPGIST, needed help
Date: 2008-04-12 16:00:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Simone Campora" <simone(dot)campora(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> I first want to implement it and to make it works, like this:

> SPGIST_FUNCTION(pquad_equals_op)
> {
> elog (NOTICE, "1");

> Point *p1 = (Point *)PG_GETARG_POINTER(0);
> Point *p2 = (Point *)PG_GETARG_POINTER(1);

> elog (NOTICE, "2");

(1) are you sure this function is marked as being V1 calling convention?
Maybe "SPGIST_FUNCTION" takes care of that for you but I don't know.

(2) since you neither marked it STRICT nor defended against nulls in the
function body, I'd fully expect a crash on a null input ... does that
table contain any null points?

> Could anyone suggest me a good runtime debugger for that purpose?

Any C debugger should work fine. gdb and ddd are the most common
tools around this project, I think.