BUG #16387: postgres12-* packages not in yum repo

From: PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: dmondra2(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: BUG #16387: postgres12-* packages not in yum repo
Date: 2020-04-24 16:13:25
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 16387
Logged by: David Mondragon
Email address: dmondra2(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 12.2
Operating system: CentOS Linux release 7.7.1908

Following installation instructions
https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/redhat/ and
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/YUM_Installation.

Including manually downloading the pgdg-redhat-repo-latest.noarch.rpm to the
server and trying to install it locally.

>yum install postgresql12
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks
* base: mirror.dst.ca
* epel: ftp.cse.buffalo.edu
* extras: less.cogeco.net
* updates: less.cogeco.net
No package postgresql12 available.
Error: Nothing to do

If I view the repository it also appears to not specifically have a
postgresql12 or postgresql12-server package:

>yum repolist
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks
* base: mirror.dst.ca
* epel: ftp.cse.buffalo.edu
* extras: less.cogeco.net
* updates: centos.mirror.vexxhost.com
repo id
repo name

status
base/7/x86_64
CentOS-7 - Base

10078+19
epel/x86_64
Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 7 - x86_64

13235+5
extras/7/x86_64
CentOS-7 - Extras

341
pgdg-common/7/x86_64
PostgreSQL common for RHEL/CentOS 7 - x86_64

319+9
pgdg10/7/x86_64
PostgreSQL 10 for RHEL/CentOS 7 - x86_64

480+100
pgdg11/7/x86_64
PostgreSQL 11 for RHEL/CentOS 7 - x86_64

466+108
pgdg12/7/x86_64
PostgreSQL 12 for RHEL/CentOS 7 - x86_64

204+69
pgdg94/7/x86_64
PostgreSQL 9.4 for RHEL/CentOS 7 - x86_64

1018+108
pgdg95/7/x86_64
PostgreSQL 9.5 for RHEL/CentOS 7 - x86_64

422+100
pgdg96/7/x86_64
PostgreSQL 9.6 for RHEL/CentOS 7 - x86_64

457+100
ppro-public/7/x86_64
Produce Pro Public packages for Enterprise Linux

507+7
updates/7/x86_64
CentOS-7 - Updates

1771+16
repolist: 29298

>yum --disablerepo="*" --enablerepo="pgdg12*" list available | grep postgr
<NULL>

If I view the output, there are no postgres packages listed.

I've followed these exact steps nearly 15 times in the last 6-7 months, but
this is the first time I've encountered these issues, I presumed the issue
was local with this new VM, but then I realized all the RPMs had been built
in the last week or two.

Thanks,
David