Re: preserving statistics settings

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: nconway(at)klamath(dot)dyndns(dot)org (Neil Conway)
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: preserving statistics settings
Date: 2002-07-19 22:52:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

BTW, checking my notes about this issue, I notice a related question:
should attstattarget be inherited for the inherited columns when a child
table is created? Right now it's not, and it might be a bit ugly to
make it so.

In a lot of scenarios you wouldn't necessarily expect the parent and
child tables to have similar contents, so I'm not sure inheriting
attstattarget is appropriate anyway. Comments anyone?