|From:||MigOps via PostgreSQL Announce <announce-noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>|
|To:||PostgreSQL Announce <pgsql-announce(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>|
|Subject:||pgCluu v3.2 has been released|
|Views:||Raw Message | Whole Thread | Download mbox | Resend email|
Grenoble, France - September 30th, 2021
## pgCluu, PostgreSQL Cluster Utilization
pgCluu is a Perl program used to perform a full audit of a PostgreSQL Cluster performances. It is divided in two parts, a collector used to grab statistics on the PostgreSQL server using psql and sar, a reports builder that will generate all HTML and charts output.
New or enhanced reports/features:
* Add collect and report of unused trigger functions.
* Add system statistics dedicated to PostgreSQL process through stats reported by pidstat.
* Add report of CPU scaling_governor to check if it set to powersave, setting it to performances can improve performances up to 20% following the PostgreSQL load. For more information on this kernel parameter see [https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/CPU_frequency_scaling#Scaling_governors](https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/CPU_frequency_scaling#Scaling_governors)
New command line options:
* Add command line option -t | --lock-timeout with default to 3 seconds to self terminate a SQL query that could be lock by the activity of an other session like a drop table for example.
New configuration directives :
* Add STATS_REPORT_OUTDIR configuration directive to pgcluu.conf to set the directory where the pgCluu reports will be saved. Default to /var/lib/pgcluu/report/.
- Change default retention time to 30 days instead of no storage limit to avoid possible out of memory on uncontrolled installation.
See [ChangeLog](https://github.com/lzlabs/pgcluu/releases/tag/v3.2) for a complete list of changes and bug fixes.
The goal of this project is to provide a complete PostgreSQL auditing tool that don't need any dependency to be run easily to audit a local or remote server.
If you just have a sar output file, pgCluu can also be use to draw graphs about the system utilization from this file.
pgCluu is a collection of tools published under the PostgreSQL License to be shared, any one is welcome to contribute.
For more information take a look at [http://pgcluu.darold.net/](http://pgcluu.darold.net/)
View a sample report at [http://pgcluu.darold.net/example/index.html](http://pgcluu.darold.net/example/index.html)
pgCluu is created and maintained by Gilles Darold.
* Web/Demo site: [http://pgcluu.darold.net/](http://pgcluu.darold.net/)
* Download: [https://github.com/darold/pgcluu/releases](https://github.com/darold/pgcluu/releases)
* Development: [https://github.com/darold/pgcluu](https://github.com/darold/pgcluu)
* Documentation: [https://github.com/darold/pgcluu/blob/master/README](https://github.com/darold/pgcluu/blob/master/README)
|Next Message||PGroonga project via PostgreSQL Announce||2021-10-06 07:39:23||PGroonga 2.3.2|
|Previous Message||PWN via PostgreSQL Announce||2021-10-04 14:10:53||PostgreSQL Weekly News - October 3, 2021|