BUG #16318: The default tablespace of a table and index is not inheriting the tablespace of database

From: PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: jackeylhm(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: BUG #16318: The default tablespace of a table and index is not inheriting the tablespace of database
Date: 2020-03-26 03:04:38
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 16318
Logged by: Jackey
Email address: jackeylhm(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 11.6
Operating system: Ubuntu

I created a table and an index without specifying a tablespace name, and
expect the table and index will use the database's tablespace. But I found
the table and index is using the server's setting default_tablespace,
instead of the database's tablespace. Is this a bug? or this is the expected
behavior? I come from an Oracle DBA 's background, expecting all objects
created in a database will inherit the tablespace's setting of the database.