Connection names and Query Windows

From: Laurent ROCHE <laurent_roche(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Connection names and Query Windows
Date: 2007-05-24 10:09:48
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

(While talking of connection names, see other post "Edit Data windows title")

I just realised the connection name was not used at all in the Query window.
That's more than a shame because if I want to use another connection, a little window pops up and offer to change database with a dropdown of all database names (so far so good ;-) ! ) BUT also to change connection.
It could be really interesting to change connections however the little pop up window offers a drop down with a list of hostReference:PortNumber. As I have many connections on the same server with different logins, this is useless to me as I see many times the same thing. I would have prefered to see the ConnectionName given in the connection window.

By the way, the same apply for the Query window title instead of seeing "databaseName on hostRef:PortNumb" I would prefer to see "databaseName on ConnectionName". Then it's up to the user to manage the connection in a sensible maner.

Cheers,
L(at)u
The Computing Froggy