plpgpsm future

From: "Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: plpgpsm future
Date: 2008-05-21 15:45:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello

I sent rpm package to Devrim and for next two months I am don't will
work on it.

I did some work on sharing code plpgpsm and plpgsql. Without lexer and
parser it can share about 100KB (from 400KB). If we allow callbacks in
parser - it can share about 200KB. But it's need relative massive
refactoring current plpgsql code. So next step is this refactoring and
I hope, so this work will be done in 8.4.

Regards
Pavel Stehule