Re: Background writer and checkpointer in crash recovery

From: Aleksander Alekseev <aleksander(at)timescale(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Background writer and checkpointer in crash recovery
Date: 2021-07-30 08:41:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

make installcheck-world: tested, passed
Implements feature: tested, passed
Spec compliant: tested, passed
Documentation: tested, passed

v2-0001 and v2-0002 look fine, but I don't like much the idea of introducing a new GUC in v2-0003. It's for very specific needs, which most of the users, I believe, don't care about. I suggest dealing with v2-0001 and v2-0002 first and then maybe submit and discuss v2-0003 as a separate CF entry.

Tested on MacOS against master `1ec7fca8`.

The new status of this patch is: Ready for Committer