Re: Subscription tests fail under CLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2021-05-21 21:01:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> IMHO, it would be better to keep the lowest-level
> apply_handle_XXX_internal() out of this, because presumably we're only
> cleaning up the mess in higher-level callers. Somewhat related, one
> of the intentions behind a04daa97a43, which removed
> es_result_relation_info in favor of passing the ResultRelInfo
> explicitly to the executor's lower-level functions, was to avoid bugs
> caused by failing to set/reset that global field correctly in
> higher-level callers.

Yeah, that's a fair point, and after some reflection I think that
repeatedly changing the "active" field of the struct is exactly
what was bothering me about the v2 patch. So in the attached v3,
I went back to passing that as an explicit argument. The state
struct now has no fields that need to change after first being set.

I did notice that we could remove some other random arguments
by adding the LogicalRepRelMapEntry* to the state struct,
so this also does that.

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
postpone-tuple-routing-cleanup-3.patch text/x-diff 14.4 KB