Re: Compiling under MSYS and Windows 7

From: "Bidski" <bidski(at)bigpond(dot)net(dot)au>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Compiling under MSYS and Windows 7
Date: 2010-06-30 22:09:24
Lists: pgsql-novice

> It seems like you have a pretty nonfunctional build environment :-(
> I'm not sure that mingw can be expected to work in 64-bit windows.

I have successfully built other libraries/packages (wxWidgets, xerces-c,
boost) using this toolchain, so I believe that it is working but maybe
PostgreSQL wants something that the others didnt?
Can you suggest anything to try, short of making a new toolchain?

Ill post the original libpq.dll problem to the bugs list now.

Regards
Bidski