Need help on understanding of wal_keep-segments and max_wal_size dependency.

From: Swati yadav <Swati(dot)Yadav(at)Xoriant(dot)Com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Need help on understanding of wal_keep-segments and max_wal_size dependency.
Date: 2021-03-15 10:00:06
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello Team

We are using streaming replication without feature archiving and replication slots.

Could you please help us in understanding how replication will works when I set max_wal_size to 1GB, wal_keep_segments set to 300?.

?In this scenario, replication is getting failed. Could you please brief us the causes of failure and how can we fix this issue, apart from using the feature archiving? and replication slots.

Thanks & Regards
Swati Yadav | Xoriant Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
5th floor, Amar Paradigm, Baner Road, Baner,
Near D'mart, Pune - 411 045
http://www.xoriant.com<http://www.xoriant.com/>