Re: BUG #7539: Result mismatch on Postgres 9.2.0

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: yugandharhere(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #7539: Result mismatch on Postgres 9.2.0
Date: 2012-09-14 16:45:35
Lists: pgsql-bugs

yugandharhere(at)gmail(dot)com writes:
> I am seeing a mismatch in the results returned by a select statement
> on Postgres 9.2.0. What I am seeing is a select statement with an additional
> restriction is returning results which are not part of the select statement
> without that additional restriction. Below, I am pasting the version, select
> statement, select statement with an additional restriction on the previous,
> the explanation of the first select statement, the explanation of the second
> select statement, and the schema of the tables in use.

This may indeed be a bug, but you've not provided enough information for
someone else to reproduce it. We need a self-contained test case.
Ideally, that means a SQL script someone can run to set up the tables,
load them with test data, and execute the misbehaving queries. You may
be able to produce one by pg_dumping your data base and stripping
down/anonymizing the data as necessary.