|From:||pgAdmin Development Team via PostgreSQL Announce <announce-noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>|
|To:||PostgreSQL Announce <pgsql-announce(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>|
|Subject:||pgAdmin 4 v5.0 Released|
|Views:||Raw Message | Whole Thread | Download mbox | Resend email|
The pgAdmin Development Team are pleased to announce pgAdmin 4 version 5.0. This release of pgAdmin 4 includes 31 bug fixes and new features. For more details please see the [release notes](https://www.pgadmin.org/docs/pgadmin4/5.0/release_notes_5_0.html).
pgAdmin is the leading Open Source graphical management tool for PostgreSQL. For more information, please see [the website](https://www.pgadmin.org/).
Notable changes in this release include:
* **New Desktop Runtime (Using NWjs):**
The Desktop Runtime is now based on NWjs which integrates a browser and the Python server creating a standalone application. By implementing it using NWjs we get rid of the separate server application and the independent browser. We also get rid of QT and C++ runtime logic.
There are two minor known issues with this feature ((https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/6255) and (https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/6258)), both of which are due to bugs in NWjs itself; Users on macOS should use the application menu to exit pgAdmin, rather than quitting from the Dock icon to avoid the first issue. The second issue may cause Windows users to see a red square instead of the normal application icon in some circumstances.
* **Logical Replication support:**
Logical replication uses a publish and subscribe model with one or more subscribers subscribing to one or more publications on a publisher node. We have added support for logical replication by introducing new treeview nodes and dialogues with which users can easily create/alter/delete publications and subscriptions. Support is also included in the Schema Diff tool.
* **Quick Search functionality:**
Added a quick search option in the Help menu to search menu items and help articles. Type at least three characters to display all the matching possibilities under Menu items and the relevant documents under Help articles.
* Make Statistics, Dependencies, Dependants tabs closable. Users can add them back using the 'Add panel' option on the context menu for the tab strip.
* When running in Docker/Kubernetes, ensure logs are not stored in the container, and only sent to the console.
* Use cheroot as the default production server for pgAdmin4
* Fixed an issue where the focus is not properly set on the filter text editor after closing the error dialog.
* Fixed an issue where the dependencies tab shows multiple owners for the objects having shared dependencies.
* Fixed an issue where the Zoom to fit button in the ERD Tool only works if the diagram is larger than the canvas.
* Fixed an issue where the user was unable to change the background color for a server.
* Fixed an issue where external utility jobs (backup, maintenance etc.) are failing when the log level is set to DEBUG.
* Ensure DEB/RPM packages depend on the same version of each other.
* Fixed an autocomplete issue where it is not showing any suggestions if the schema name contains escape characters.
Builds for Windows and macOS are available now, along with a Python Wheel, Docker Container, RPM, DEB Package, and source code tarball from the [tarball area](https://www.pgadmin.org/download/).
|Next Message||PWN via PostgreSQL Announce||2021-03-01 00:31:13||PostgreSQL Weekly News - February 28, 2021|
|Previous Message||Postgres.ai via PostgreSQL Announce||2021-02-25 07:25:16||Database Lab Engine 2.2.0 and Joe Bot 0.9.0|