Re: Sync replication

From: Rakesh Kumar <rakeshkumar464(at)aol(dot)com>
To: azimeiu(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Sync replication
Date: 2018-01-26 01:09:57
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

correct.

-----Original Message-----
From: Azimuddin Mohammed <azimeiu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Rakesh Kumar <rakeshkumar464(at)aol(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>; pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Sent: Thu, Jan 25, 2018 8:06 pm

So untill my slave comes up master does not commit any transaction which means technically my db is non operative?

On Jan 25, 2018 12:23 PM, "Rakesh Kumar" <rakeshkumar464(at)aol(dot)com> wrote:

>I have a question regarding synchronus replication.
>If i have a master and standby server will sync replication setup..when my slave dies and master is still active. Will the transaction completes, or >master will wait for slave to commit the transaction and then commits its. ?

Master will wait for slave to come back up. PG"s replication is not the same as SQLServer/DB2/Oracle
where they allow master to continue operating while the slave is down. useful during scheduled maintenance.