How to find out about zlib compression

From: "Low Kian Seong" <postgresql(dot)low(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to find out about zlib compression
Date: 2006-10-22 07:43:40
Lists: pgsql-general

Dear all,

It says in the postgresql 8 documentation :

"If PostgreSQL was built on a system with the zlib compression library
installed, the custom dump format will compress data as it writes it to the
output file"

My question, if we are using binaries on a rpm based system and without
looking at the src.rpm is there a way to query the postgresql server to find
out whether it was built against the zlib compression library ?

Thank you in advance

Low Kian Seong