Re: [HACKERS] Re: Problem dropping databases

From: Sferacarta Software <sferac(at)bo(dot)nettuno(dot)it>
To: lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu (Thomas G(dot) Lockhart), Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: Problem dropping databases
Date: 1998-09-24 12:35:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Bruce,

martedì, 22 settembre 98, you wrote:

>> I was working on docs and notice that Postgres no longer responds with a
>> warning if a database is dropped multiple times:
>>
>> postgres=> drop database yahoo;
>> DESTROYDB
>> postgres=> drop database yahoo;
>> DESTROYDB
>> postgres=> \c yahoo
>> connecting to new database: yahoo
>> FATAL 1: Database 'yahoo' does not exist.
>> golem$ psql
>> postgres=> drop database yahoo;
>> DESTROYDB
>>
>> The destroydb command behaves similarly. The behavior documented by
>> Jose' was:

Sorry for interference, I'm Jose'.
Seems that my problem is a little bit different. I've tried almost all
PostgreSQL commands and the result is that only the following commands
kill the backend, i.e.:

- DELETE
- DROP DATABASE
- DROP USER
- LOCK TABLE

PQexec() -- Request was sent to backend, but backend closed the channel before
responding.
This probably means the backend terminated abnormally before or while
processing the request.

I tried also with success the following commands:

alter table
alter user
begin
copy