Re: Changed Hosts, Lots of Errors in PostgreSQL - Help Please!

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: BLazeD <gibbasanti(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Changed Hosts, Lots of Errors in PostgreSQL - Help Please!
Date: 2008-04-21 01:25:38
Lists: pgsql-general

BLazeD <gibbasanti(at)hotmail(dot)com> writes:
> [quote]PHP Warning: pg_query(): Query failed: ERROR: operator does not
> exist: timestamp without time zone > time without time zone at character
> 14

Well, it's quite right, there is no such operator.

PG 8.3 complains about this, whereas previous versions would have
silently converted both operands to text and done a textual comparison
... leading to results that are highly unlikely to be sane at all,
for this combination of datatypes. I'd say 8.3 just found a bug in
your app for you.

> [quote]PHP Warning: pg_query(): Query failed: ERROR: function
> pg_catalog.btrim(bigint) does not exist at character 62

Again, this is 8.3 being more picky about implicit casts than prior
versions. Why would you think btrim on an integer value would be
useful, anyway? If you really want it, insert an explicit cast
to text.