Re: log xid with duration

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Ed L(dot)" <pgsql(at)bluepolka(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: log xid with duration
Date: 2006-03-31 17:27:04
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"Ed L." <pgsql(at)bluepolka(dot)net> writes:
> ...the transaction is not printed with the duration (it prints 0
> instead).

It's already out of the transaction by the time it prints the duration,
if you're talking about a command that's not within an explicit BEGIN
block. I think this is correct --- to do otherwise, we'd not be
counting the transaction commit as part of the command duration, which
would surely be quite misleading.