Re: BUG #3614: pg_config returns incorrect information for includedir-server

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Michael Akinde" <michael(dot)akinde(at)met(dot)no>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #3614: pg_config returns incorrect information for includedir-server
Date: 2007-09-20 22:59:25
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"Michael Akinde" <michael(dot)akinde(at)met(dot)no> writes:
> This issue seems to be general to many of the paths returned - pg_config
> inserts /postgresql/ - while the actual installation directory does not
> include this path.

Hmm ... works fine for me in both 8.2.5 and HEAD, which means either
we fixed it since 8.2.4 (but I see nothing relevant in the CVS logs),
or there's something relevant you didn't mention.

One thing to be aware of is that pg_config's path output is not just
hardwired strings; the paths are computed relative to the location of
the pg_config executable. So if you'd moved the executable from where
it was supposed to be installed, possibly that would explain it.

If that's not it, could we see the complete output of pg_config,
especially the full list of configure options? I'm also wondering if
you tried a VPATH build; if so, what were the full paths of the source
and build directories? (That one's just grasping at a straw; I don't
*think* VPATH should have anything to do with this...)