Rule for updating through a view.

From: Mike Meyer <mwm(at)mired(dot)org>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Rule for updating through a view.
Date: 2003-03-20 13:52:44
Lists: pgsql-sql

Ok, I found the documentation on using views to udpate the underlying
database. But I can't seem to get my head around making it actually
work, because updates may change only a few columns, and the columns
in my views come from multiple tables.

Could someone provide an example (CC'ing me, please, as I'm not on the
list) of setting up a rule on a joined view to udpated both the
underlying tables?

Thanks,
<mike
--